Software Engineering Internship, Summer 2022
Engineering @ Simplisafe
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems. This includes home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of people across the United States and the U.K
From hardware industrial design and firmware implementation to micro-services and mobile applications, our Engineering efforts are entirely completed in-house from our Boston Headquarters.
Engineering at SimpliSafe is built around small teams within an Agile environment. These teams are proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way up to coding the UI on our mobile applications, and building out our e-Commerce presence on SimpliSafe.com, accounting for 90% of our system sales.
Whether you’re a Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Hardware/Firmware Engineer, Mobile Developer or Software Engineer, if you’re driven by solving complex problems at scale in a collaborative fast paced culture, we’d love to speak with you!
Software @ SimpliSafe
We’re looking for folks to join the following teams/categories:
- Information Technology
- Mobile Applications
- Web Development
- Platform Services
What You’ll Do
- You’ll work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions
- You’ll collaborate with related teams to provide technical guidance to as they consider user needs and product requirements
- You will demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions
What You’ll Need
- You're a sophomore or junior currently enrolled in a STEM eligible Undergraduate or Masters degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field
- Academic programming experience in Java, C++ or C, Python, or SQL
- Knowledge in designing, automating and debugging software
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST APIs
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud environments