Staff Mechanical Engineer
SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer to drive the development and manufacture of our camera and core alarm products. This role will have a significant impact by working cross-functionally to lead our product development from concept through production. In this role, you will:
- Design, build and test mechanical components and hardware within a fast-paced engineering group adhering to project schedules and stage gate requirements.
- Rapidly iterate through mechanical design prototypes.
- Take ownership of projects with minimal guidance.
- Manage contract manufacturers from product concept to mass production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design including injection molded plastic, die casting and sheet metal parts for high volume products.
- Previous experience working with high-volume consumer electronics.
- Has a detailed eye for “less but better” design practices.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a project to completion
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled with commercial CAD packages - SolidWorks preferred.
- Skilled with drawing fundamentals.
- Experience prototyping using 3D printers.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Experience with DFA and DFM.
- Experience with PLM systems.
- Knowledgeable of materials.
- Tolerance analyses experience.
- Experience with Industrial Design requirements.
- Knowledge of various fabrication technologies including co-molding and additive.
- Experience with Risk Management.
- Experience with mechanical testing and test specification creation.
- Experience using GD&T and datum schemes.
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers.
- Aware of the impact that the Mechanical team has across the multi-disciplined project team.
- Thermal analysis experience.
- Ray-trace simulation experience.
- FEA experience.
- Knowledge of Lean design principles.
- Knowledge of acoustics.
- Knowledge of Paint and Coatings.