Director of IT
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, and supporting our growing internal user base is an integral part of that mission. We’re looking for a Director of IT to lead us through this journey.
In this role, you will lead our IT support of all our global SimpliSafe workforce and guide the team in delivering productivity solutions across our technology stacks.
Additionally, in this role you will:
- Lead, mentor and build teams, all the while growing leaders
- Orchestrate the entire hardware architecture and roadmap for our global workforce
- Own IT globally - Headquarters, international locations (UK), warehouses, Contact Centers, supply chain touchpoints
- Build upon our Information Technology vision and strategy
- Understand the end-user and deliver innovative Technical solutions to keep SimpliSafe moving quickly, while decreasing any frictional barriers
- Balance the organization's business objectives and ensure senior stakeholder buy-in
- Serve as primary control point during significant Information Technology incidents
- Objectively measure IT success through various metrics across the organization
- Regularly report to the Chief Technology and Operations Officer and other senior company leadership on the strategy and state of the IT (e.g. infrastructure, project portfolio, and team resources)
- Manage relationships with external IT vendors, industry experts and advisors
- Champion and educate the organization and its employees about the latest IT changes
To Be Successful you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years managerial experience in Information Technology
- 10+ years IT experience
- Direct experience in the areas of systems architecture, administration, applications development, database administration, network operations, and data center operations
- Experience securing various Cloud architectures and deployment strategies such as Software-as-a-service, Infrastructure-as-a-service (AWS), Platform as a service etc
- Experience deploying and managing various MDM, endpoint, network, vulnerability and threat detection tools, policies and programs