Senior QA Engineer - EIS
We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal “full stack”, from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who is excited about advocating for product quality and representing the voice of our customers during the software development process. This position will help ensure that our customers, and prospective customers, enjoy a seamless experience interacting with our digital interface. In this role, you will:
- Be excited to roll up your sleeves and dive into our stack to help us engineer and ensure product quality
- Help plan, create, and execute end-to-end, ad-hoc and regression test cases
- Identify potential issues to be corrected by development team
- Assist in managing testing activities within the team
- Pragmatically work alongside stakeholders carefully balancing risk and delivery
- Create / oversee test plans/cases for select scenarios/integrations
- Document testing results clearly and accurately
- Confidence in contributing to the software development process at its earliest stages
- Advocate for / Define SQA Best Practices
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to fellow QA members in the quest for continuous growth and improvement
- 8+ years of SQA experience in a fast-paced agile environment, ideally with hands-on eCommerce experience.
- Experience leading a team of like-minded QA Engineers
- Experienced with agile tools such as Jira.
- Experienced working in a CI/CD environment.
- Impeccable eye for detail, with excellent problem solving skills.
- An ability to identify Functional Use Cases vs Edge Cases
- Experience writing Functional and Regression Test Plans
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, and confident.
- Team focused with a proven track record thriving in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Humble and customer-focused
- ‘Always learning’ mindset with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to creatively help the team
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Experience testing CRM platforms
- Experience leveraging quantitative data to help drive testing/quality decisions.
- Experience with programming and/or scripting for automated testing.
- Hands-on experience with Cypress, Postman, Cucumber, or similar.
- IoT / Home automation
- 3rd-Party integrations
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!