Camera Technical Lead Engineer
At SimpliSafe Technical Lead Engineers are key leaders on product development projects. They act as technical leads partnering with our manufacturing and product teams focusing on understanding customer needs; product functional and performance requirements; product architecture, constraints and trade-offs; design requirements; and the technical risks of a new product being developed or of a current product being changed.
We are currently seeking a Technical Lead Engineer to manage the design and delivery of our security camera products.
In this role you will:
- Work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Be responsible for the engineering design and delivery of one of our security camera products.
- Be responsible for gathering, interpreting and defining requirements from multiple individuals and translating them into a workable concept.
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Lead the engineering project team through the product development cycle, from design to testing and manufacturing/post launch support.
- Lead interdisciplinary efforts and teams to deliver on whole product development projects.
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have a BS in EE, CE, ME or equivalent with 5+ years of experience. MS is a plus.
- Have credible depth in your technical area of expertise.
- Have experience in product development of a IoT type of product
- Have experience and understanding of the software interactions of IoT products.
- Be self-driven with strong leadership ability and a proven track record of excelling in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Possess deep technical expertise in an applicable area of engineering.
- Possess basic project management skills.
- Have a broad system-thinking mentality across manufacturing, supply chain, software, firmware, hardware and quality.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude, with a desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic setting.
- Broad systems-level thinking across manufacturing, supply chain, software, firmware, hardware and quality.
- Experience bringing hardware products to production in collaboration with overseas partners.
- Experience as technical lead or systems architect on a high volume project.
- Experience and willingness to travel and collaborate with Asia based partners (25% post COVID).