Senior Firmware Engineer - Camera Platform
SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our Camera Firmware development team driving our current and next generation camera platforms. In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, and test C/C++ firmware for our current and next generation camera platforms in an agile development environment.
- Collaborate with internal and third-party engineering teams to develop efficient and effective firmware solutions.
- Create documentation for firmware design, implementation, and testing methodologies.
- Investigate and diagnose firmware issues from QA testing and user feedback.
- Established C and C++ language skills
- Experience with object-oriented concepts and designs are a plus.
- Experience developing on 32-bit embedded systems running an RTOS or embedded Linux.
- Strong understanding of hardware peripherals for:
- data acquisition (ADC, DAC)
- serial communication (I2C, SPI, UART)
- timing (PWM, Timers)
- memory management (Flash, RAM, DMA)
- Experience with embedded build environments and makefiles is a plus.
- Working knowledge of common lab equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Well-versed at reading and interpreting schematics, data sheets, and other technical documentation
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in EE/CS or equivalent
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly