Customer Support Representative
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe Awarded 2021 Best Places to Work! By the Boston Business Journal Fast Growth Track!
Fun Work Environment! Full-Time Benefits!
The Contact Center hours of operation are 8:00am to Midnight - 7 days a week.
SimpliSafe is seeking motivated, ambitious, self-starters who are excited to grow with a high-performing team in our brand new site in Richmond, VA. The Customer Support role requires confidence in the ability to multi-task and speak to and assist a wide range of customers. In this role, agents are responsible for taking inbound calls from our customers and assisting them to the best of our ability. If you are looking for a position where you can help people stay safe, while providing excellent customer service- this is the job for you!
What You’ll Do
- Respond promptly, courteously, and knowledgeably to technical support inquiries
- Provide top-tier support to all customers with a goal of first call resolution
- Educate customers on system installation/use, and assist in troubleshooting
- Utilize prior customer support experience to enable customer success and happiness
- Use problem-solving skills to solve customer issues and address concerns
- Outbound calls to current customers to address issues, when needed
What You’ll Need
- Proven success in a phone-based customer service or call center position
- Ability to understand and determine root causes to customer issues
- Comfort with technology and ability to provide technical assistance for consumer electronics
- Proven record of outstanding attendance and timeliness in a structured environment
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals
- Clear and effective phone communication skills to ensure all customer issues are resolved
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and eager for continuous improvement
- Strong commitment to customer happiness and satisfaction
- Shift Differential for Nights & Weekends
- Opportunities for Career Progression
- Day 1 Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Matching 401k up to 4%
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Team Building Activities
- Employee Referral Programs $$$
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.