Technical Lead Engineer - Sustaining
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
The Technical Lead Engineer - Sustaining will be responsible to work with firmware teams to ensure various products are ready to be handed off to our contract manufacturing partners in Asia. The role will be critical in helping streamline SimpliSafe products into development and full scale production while optimizing business operations.
- In this role you will
- Engage with experienced cross-disciplinary teams to troubleshoot and design innovative consumer products
- Work in a highly collaborative environment
- Be responsible for the delivery of engineering projects from design to mass production.
- Be responsible for and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Derive inchstones, milestones, and deliverables for projects.
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with external engineering partners.
- Propose innovative solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
- To be successful in this role, you should
- Have a BS in EE, CE, ME or equivalent with 5+ years of experience. MS is a plus.
- Have credible depth in your technical area of expertise.
- Experience as technical lead or technical program manager on high volume products.
- Be self-driven with strong leadership ability and a proven track record of excelling in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Possess basic project management skills.
- Broad system-thinking thinking across engineering, manufacturing ops, sourcing, and quality.
- Experience collaborating with external engineering and manufacturing partners (domestic and overseas).