Contact Center Technical Customer Experience Representative (Starting at $18 per hour, hybrid/mostly work at home)
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built. So, we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no-ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities, and make a huge impact on the lives of all those that we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own home.
We are excited to share that the Customer Support Representative role starts at $18 per hour along with the option of a number of exciting benefits! Additionally, many of our current associates see increases to up to $21 per hour based on their schedule and performance within the first several months of joining our team.
SimpliSafe is seeking motivated, ambitious, self-starters who are excited to grow with a high-performing team in our brand new site in Richmond, VA. The Customer Support role requires confidence in the ability to multi-task and speak to and assist a wide range of customers. In this role, agents are responsible for taking inbound calls from our customers and assisting them to the best of our ability. If you are looking for a position where you can help people stay safe, while providing excellent customer service- this is the job for you!
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. we will consider accommodation requests.
SimpliSafe Awarded 2021 Best Places to Work! By the Boston Business Journal Fast Growth Track!
Fun Work Environment! Full-Time Benefits!
The Contact Center hours of operation are 8:00am to Midnight - 7 days a week.
What You’ll Do:
- Respond promptly, courteously, and knowledgeably to technical support inquiries
- Provide top-tier support to all customers with a goal of first call resolution
- Educate customers on system installation/use, and assist in troubleshooting
- Utilize prior customer support experience to enable customer success and happiness
- Use problem-solving skills to solve customer issues and address concerns
- Outbound calls to current customers to address issues, when needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven success in a phone-based customer service or call center position
- Ability to understand and determine root causes to customer issues
- Comfort with technology and ability to provide technical assistance for consumer electronics
- Proven record of outstanding attendance and timeliness in a structured environment
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals
- Clear and effective phone communication skills to ensure all customer issues are resolved
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management skills
- Positive, can-do attitude and eager for continuous improvement
- Strong commitment to customer happiness and satisfaction
- Shift Differential for Nights & Weekends
- Opportunities for Career Progression
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Starting Day 1
- Matching 401k up to 4%
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Team Building Activities
- Employee Referral Programs $$$
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.