SimpliSafe is looking for a Firmware Engineer to design and develop the firmware that drives our award winning wireless/IoT home security system.
In this role, you will:
- Design, code, and integrate firmware for any of the core alarm products (base station, keypad, smart lock)
- Design, code, and integrate cloud server software to communicate with our products.
- Collaborate with other engineering and product teams on new features
- Work with QA, ensuring high reliability standards to keep every home secure
- Document the design and testing methodologies
- Develop unit test for the verification of code and hardware
- Proven experience with object oriented software development in embedded applications
- Experience with C++, including STL and modern frameworks
- Understanding of C and its scope in embedded systems development
- Experience with RTOS and/or embedded Linux
- Experience with POSIX based multithreaded environments
- Experience with inter process communications such as shared files, shared memory, sockets, message queues, and semaphores
- Familiar with I2C, UART, and SPI interfaces
- Very comfortable with Linux based development environments, make files etc
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in CS/EE or equivalent
- Experience with some high level communications protocols and physical layers such as TCP/IP, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, USB, etc.
- Experience with embedded Linux bootloaders such as uBoot
- Experience with bare metal programming for small microcontrollers (PIC, Nordic, ST, etc)
- Ability to read schematics and use common lab equipment (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes)
Benefits & Perks: