Staff Technical Program Manager
SimpliSafe is looking for a Technical Program Manager to help our Engineering team deliver internal business-focused product capabilities and enhancements. We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Technical Program Manager on our team, you will work directly with software developers and business stakeholders to understand their needs, and design solutions that enable our internal business teams to work more efficiently. You will demonstrate your passion to solve real business problems, collaborating with Product Management, Customer Experience, Finance, Fulfillment and Software Team Managers and Developers to identify opportunities to enhance both our customer’s experience as well as our employees' experience.
We are looking for someone who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and demonstrate a consistent track record of delivery. Our TPMs are proactive in removing roadblocks and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals.
- Works across organizations. May influence external customers, partners, system owners, and/or architectures.
- Drives business and technical discussions related to the initiatives. Is clear and concise in both verbal and written communication (e.g., functional/technical requirements and specifications, FAQ, status reports, narratives, quarterly planning).
- Delivers large technology efforts by managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program having a considerable impact or challenging business goals. Improves engineering efficiency.
- Engineering background or equivalent technical experience. Drives simplification and efficiencies in engineering and/or complex architectures to unblock innovation and/or speed of delivery within the organizational area.
- Creates predictable process paths for large and/or complex efforts. Improves, streamlines, and/or eliminates excess process.
- Defines product requirements for engineering teams. Negotiates resources and priorities. Escalates effectively. Is able to find a path forward in difficult situations
- End-to-end understanding in key areas that benefit the organization. Facilitates technical trade-offs between short-term engineering team needs and long-term business needs.
- 5+ years of experience working with software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership roles (e.g. technical program management, systems architecture, software engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- 2+ years of technical project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, or other related fields or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in a technical leadership role
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a highly collaborative attitude
- Knowledge of CRM and similar products