Senior DevOps Engineer
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help develop and support our cloud infrastructure and application lifecycle framework. Some may call this a DevOps role, but we like to say this role is in service to the DevOps mission - "to build and support the tools that empower a best-in-class engineering organization." We are a collaborative, self-aware, smart, driven, fun, innovative company paving the IoT space. Join us!
- Infrastructure as Code (IAC): AWS services including EKS, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, Route53, Lambda
- Platform: Linux (CentOS, Amazon Linux)
- DevOps Tools: Terraform, Ansible, Github, Docker, Grafana, & more
- Development: Node.js, Python, MySQL, Angular, Drupal/PHP, C++, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, & more
- Proven track record with IAC and automating cloud solutions
- CI/CD first mindset
- Expertise in the design and automation of software builds and deployments
- Always thinking of logs, monitors and alerts
- Solid understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST APIs
- A team player with excellent communication skills that is also comfortable working independently
- Security conscious
- Love building new things but realize that maintenance is half the battle
- Eager to work in an agile environment on an agile team
- Experience in an IoT and microservices environment is a plus
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “No job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.