Technical Problem Manager
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
As the pioneering Problem Manager at SimpliSafe, you will partner across all organizations (Product, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Contact Center, Marketing, Fulfillment, etc) to solve for the customer. Building on our strong customer-centric culture, you will frequently face challenges from the entire stack and lead dedicated resources to deliver solutions quickly. This will require you to balance pragmatism and perfection while caring deeply about our customers’ success.
Are you excited to build our Problem Management culture and collaborate, negotiate, and drive consensus across a broader organization centered on customer satisfaction? Are you ready to be a key contributor to our company’s customer-centric objectives?
What You'll Do:
- Managing the process flow of customer impacting issues
- Technical triaging to determine scale, impact and the source of the problems
- Collaborating effectively with the various departments involved in investigation and
- Closing the loop with the respective, accountable teams (ensuring there is a
post-mortem and resolution for the short, medium and long term action items from an
- Driving the long-term improvement of the overall problem management system
- Orchestrating the communication among all key contributors and stakeholders
- All the while, continuously learning and improving the program
What You'll Bring:
- Significant (5+ years) technical experience, and getting a rush from fighting fires
- Intimate knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience delivering through others for scale
- Clear, succinct communication, both written and verbal
- Proactive, pragmatic, multi-threaded problem solver
- Humble, calm, always-curious, always-questioning mindset
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “No job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.