Fulfillment Manager, Direct to Consumer
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
As part of the Simplisafe Global Logistics Team, the Fulfillment Manager will manage the 3PL vendors to ensure on time and accurate fulfillment of all direct to consumer orders placed on
simplisafe.com and through our customer service agents. The Manager will lead the 3PL warehouse planning and execution to support all aspects of the consumer fulfillment process. They will also manage the order management of all DtC orders. This role will create and monitor contract and industry KPIs while striving for continuous improvements in service excellence and
quality. This individual must collaborate cross functionally to improve the customer experience and foster the SimpliSafe brand.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain and review requirements related to warehousing and distribution in close
cooperation with internal stakeholders.
- Lead, build and strengthen relationships with 3PL vendors. Manage weekly, monthly and
quarterly business reviews with vendors.
- Manage day to day operations, metrics, order conversion and performance. Ensure
partners meet contractual requirements and are prepared to support the company's
growth and overall strategic initiatives for all areas of fulfillment.
- Develop operational process standards for forward fulfillment programs. Continuously
improve processes for receiving, picking & packing, outbound processing, storage and
value added services. Identify and resolve issues and provide performance management
reporting as required.
- Manage order allocation rules and routing to 3PLs. Ensure routing is appropriately
occurring based on the shortest transit and lowest cost to the customer.
- Manage fulfillment of “other” DTC order types including warranty, partnership & move
packs. Liaise with cross functional teams to ensure these order flows are operating as
effectively and cost efficiently.
- Support system integration deployments & enhancements by participating in testing and
ongoing root cause analysis.
- Manage and track budget for areas of responsibility, while seeking productivity initiatives
to mitigate headwinds and reduce overall spend. Audit and code invoices for managed
vendors to ensure accuracy and ability to track detailed historical spend.
What You'll Bring:
- A relevant bachelor's degree. 5-7 years of fulfillment experience with solid business
acumen and knowledge of consumer products
- Prior demonstrated success in leadership, implementation, improvement programs and
change management. Experience of developing and delivering training and improvement
strategies and converting into tactical plans that deliver results.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with suppliers and partners
- Managing and delivery of budgets
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Technology savvy in general, proficiency with MSOffice and Google Workspace (Excel
skills are a must), experience utilizing ERP systems like NetSuite. Tableau experience a
- Self-driven, target and process driven; Self-motivated and determined, with a flexible
hands-on approach to work. Strong communication and ability to represent SimpliSafe at
all levels in a structured, dynamic and professional way
- Strong medium and long-term forward planning, organizational, prioritizing and
multitasking skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Passionate, customer focused approach, driven by high customer satisfaction levels. A
team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, capable of working with minimal supervision
- Located in Boston, MA. Travel Required: up to 20%
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.