Principal Software Engineer in Test
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do:
SimpliSafe is seeking a highly experienced and motivated Principal Software Engineer in Test. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of test automation infrastructure, ensuring the quality of embedded software in SimpliSafe’s hardware security products. The ideal candidate will have extensive programming skills in Python, experience in automation frameworks, and a proven track record of success in leading testing efforts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with development teams, product managers, manual QA teams, and other stakeholders to ensure the quality of embedded software in SimpliSafe's hardware security products
- Lead the design and development of hardware-in-the-loop test automation infrastructure, providing rapid feedback on software quality
- Identify and implement new capabilities for existing hardware-in-the-loop test systems
- Develop a test strategy that improves efficiency and coverage
- Help set test driven development guidelines, standards, and best practices within the Product Development Lifecycle for all of product engineering
- Review product requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and trends in software testing and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in either software development or test automation
- Extensive programming skills in Python
- Proven experience in designing and using automation frameworks in Python
- Strong leadership, outspoken and looks to challenge the status quo to implement improvements
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong systems design, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong in Python3/PyTest, GitHub Actions or other CI/CD infrastructure, Git
- Experience with wireless communication protocols such as WiFi, Bluetooth, and LTE
- Experience with networking protocols and standards such as TCP/IP and Ethernet
- Familiar with testing audio and video technologies
- Familiar with C/C++, Kubernetes, Docker Containerization
What Values You'll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “No job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.