We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Our Security team is responsible for working with our Engineering and IT teams to secure our overall AWS cloud infrastructure. We are looking for a driven Cloud Security Engineer to help plan, design and implement security solutions and controls within SimpliSafe’s AWS Cloud environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud processes in tandem with architects and system engineers
- Work closely with our Application, Infrastructure, and IT teams to ensure security best practice requirements within our cloud environment are met and maintained.
- Deploy strong identity and access management (IAM) controls across applications and computing environments
- Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risk to cloud computing environments
- Helping update standard practices and tooling used across the organization to better improve cloud security posture.
- Identify vulnerabilities and misconfigurations in our cloud environment and work towards scalable solutions to addressing any issues identified
- Provide and educate the organization about best practices for building secure applications as it relates to specifics of cloud platforms
- Evaluate existing infrastructure platforms and applications within AWS to ensure compliance with security standards
- Recommend and assist with automation of operations to maintain security and prevent drift from the baseline
- Manage remediation efforts after security assessment findings outline weaknesses requiring attention
- Investigate and respond to security alerts generated within our cloud environment
- Educate our engineering department on secure practices for cloud use
- Mentor junior team members and engineers
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience working in AWS cloud security
- Able to work collaboratively with teams supporting product, engineering, infrastructure, and IT functions
- Hands on experience with AWS security services, including AWS Foundational Security Best Practices.
- Hands on experience with vulnerability scanning and management tools
- Willingness to learn and immediately apply new skills
- 3 years experience with infrastructure-as-code and policy-as-code paradigms
- Experience with container technologies a plus, particularly Kubernetes
- Experience with authentication frameworks such as OAuth, OIDC, etc a plus
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.