We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
As a Senior Full Stack Web Developer You Will:
- Build solutions for our e-commerce platform including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Use the best tools for the job; creating right-sized, tested, and reliable services to meet the needs of the customers and co-workers
- Work with marketing teams to ensure a high quality, fast, and easy online shopping experience for our customers
- Work with our data analytics team to ensure we are capturing the information we need to drive business decisions
- Work with operations teams to communicate with fulfillment and shipping services that power our warehouses
- Work with our QA engineers to ensure we run quality E2E tests during each stage of CI/CD
- Build reporting services and self-service internal tools for use by others to grow SimpliSafe’s capabilities
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of REST and modern web technologies
- Experience developing server-side web applications
- Experience working in the cloud (AWS preferred) with scalable services and architecture
- Knowledge of SQL
- Love building new things as well as integrating with existing data and systems
- A collaborative team player
- Agile team experience with an interest in continuous delivery of high quality software
- Comfortable with the command line wherever it resides
Nice To Have Skills
- E-Commerce experience
- Infrastructure as code and DevOps experience
- Knowledge of functional programming concepts
- Knowledge of containerization including Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS
- Experience with static site generation tools such as Gatsby
- Experience with Commercetools or Contentful
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed: Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them
- Aim High: Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar
- No Ego: Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude and an open, inclusive, and humble style
- One Team: Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success
- Lift As We Climb: Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed
- Lean & Nimble: Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute not only to our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.