Embedded SW Test Engineer
We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
SimpliSafe is looking for an Embedded Test Engineer with experience in the hardware/firmware space to join our team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about consumer electronics and is eager to shape the future of the IoT (Internet of Things) world.
Some of the products under development include:
- SimpliSafe Security System
- Connected (Wi-FI) Cameras: Indoor, Outdoor, Battery, Doorbell
- Connected Locks
- Connected Lights
- Partner integrations - Nest, Alexa, HomeKit, etc.
- Develop test plans and execute tests during during the development phases and post product launch to ensure functionality and performance as per the system requirements
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize testing efficiency
- Build and test pipelines using Jenkins
- Identify, report and handle defects in a defect tracking system
- Work closely with multi-functional team leads to understand requirements and use-cases
- Presenting results to product owners, hardware engineers, and software developers to assist in resolving defects
- Passionately collaborative with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team of cross-functional groups
- Familiar with agile concepts and how to work in an agile team
- Comfortable with the command line wherever it resides
- Experience with Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins)
- Knowledge of embedded systems and an understanding of electrical schematics, bare metal firmware, and cloud services interactions.
- Proven hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers and spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or another technical field or equivalent work experience
Extra points for:
- Security and/or consumer electronics enthusiast
- Professional experience at an IoT company
- Experience developing and executing embedded software tests on development boards
- Experience developing automation to aid in device testing
- Holistic (end-to-end) approach to testing
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!