Manager, Learning and Content Management Systems
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
Simplisafe is looking to hire a Manager to both define and execute a Learning (LMS) and Content (CMS) Management System strategy for our multi-site contact center operation. In this role, you will be responsible for the assessment of our current internal tool set, definition of relevant use cases, business plan to make Learning and Content technology be a true differentiator in the home security marketplace and ongoing management of the tools and approach.
As a part of the Instructional Design and Content team, you will work cross functionally to support the teaching and reinforcement of our behavioral based call flow, using technology solutions to drive improvements to key metrics through coaching and behavior change while utilizing proven adult learning techniques and methodologies. Your work will not only help to define and support overall learning design but drive our customer centric service model helping agents (Sales, Retention, CS, Tech) have better and more effective customer conversations.
What You’ll Do
- Build a best in class LMS/CMS function designed to ensure SimpiSafe’s customer experience is consistent across all agents and customer touch points
- Assess our current Learning and Content solutions
- Take a data based approach to create use cases and a business plan to appropriately meet our ever evolving Learning and Content needs
- Partner with Project Management, Procurement and Corporate L&D to analyze, select, implement and maintain the appropriate (internal or external) solution(s)
- Utilize adult learning principles to build and iterate upon New Hire, Upskill and Ongoing training needs
- Create a learning certification program with knowledge/performance requirements tied back to both career and skill progression
- Partner with Contact Center Leadership across all customer engagement channels (Sales, Retention, CS, Tech, Email)
- Continually assess and monitor the effectiveness of your Learning/Content strategy making small and large scale changes as necessary
- Provide quarterly updates to both Contact Center and larger SimpliSafe leadership on how Learning and Content are driving a better, more consistent customer experience
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years working directly with Content and/or Learning Management Systems with increasing levels of responsibility in a multi-site/multi-channel contact center environment. Prior experience in a customer facing role (Sales, CS, Retention…) is a plus
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Experience with the RFP process inclusive of use case and business plan creation and presentation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Management experience with a proven ability to coach, teach and develop