Firmware Engineering Manager
Simplisafe is looking for an experienced Firmware Engineering Manager to lead a camera firmware development team. This includes hiring, leading, mentoring, and growing the team in the design and support of SimpliSafe’s growing portfolio of cameras. This is a “player/coach” type of role so the ideal candidate will also have proven experience delivering products to market.
About The Role:
- Hands-on coach that leads by example.
- Help drive development strategies, standards, and design practices.
- Foster good quality practices such as git hygiene and code reviews.
- Drive continuous improvement in embedded software quality and delivery.
- Balance team allocation across multiple projects.
- Integrate and coordinate with multiple teams including electrical, manufacturing, mobile apps, back end and cloud.
- Assist in strategic design decisions such as software frameworks and chipsets.
- Drive firmware program management to predictably hit milestones and deadlines.
- Lead hiring, on-boarding, and growth of team members through empowering and transparent leadership.
- Work with QA, ensuring high reliability standards.
- BS or MS degree in CSE/CS/EE or a related field.
- 10 or more years of relevant firmware, or software development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering leadership capacity.
- Experience with direct reports.
- Experience in firmware development on high volume consumer products.
- Experience developing microprocessor IoT devices using Linux, RTOS, or bare metal.
- Experience integrating and coordinating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience working with domestic and international partners and manufacturers.
- Experience in “Level of Effort” estimates and resourcing estimates.
- Proficiency in C and/or C++.
- Experience with common communications layers such as SPI, I2C, UART.
- Experience with Agile project management, continuous integration, and unit testing.
- Values working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with IoT camera products.
- Experience designing embedded systems for security.