Director of Contact Center Retention Operations
SimpliSafe is looking for an experienced contact center leader to serve as the Director of Contact Center Retention Operations and help us achieve our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
This key leadership position reports directly to the Chief Customer Experience Officer and is responsible for leading our inbound and outbound customer contact efforts around customer retention. This critical and high profile role within the business has a direct impact on the company’s financial health and customer portfolio––as well as having an incredible impact on our ability to achieve our mission of Every Home Secure.
As the Director of Contact Center Retention Operations, you will help create and execute the strategy for driving increased customer retention (i.e. save rate) by developing and scaling our Richmond-based Retention/Loyalty Contact Center team and managing our BPO partners. You will be expected to develop and execute strategies that optimize our current inbound retention channel and build our outbound capability -- enabling strong customer retention and profitability performance. This leadership position will also advise on new initiatives, and own the customer “save rate” metric across the entire business.
While based in Boston MA, SimpliSafe’s high-volume Call Center operates out of Richmond VA. This role can be based out of either location, with 50% travel required if not located in Richmond. Travel to Boston and our other operational locations in the US is also expected on a limited basis.
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts. At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IT industry.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a customer-centric strategy to drive customer loyalty/retention across SimpliSafe loyalty operations and our BPO partners
- Primary ownership of key customer retention metrics such as save rate, including reporting on business performance to the CEO, Executive Team. and Board of Directors
- Lead, mentor, manage and develop a customer-facing contact center organization
- Collaborate with other departments, including Marketing (and Loyalty Marketing), Engineering, Product, and Contact Center operational functions to optimize inbound and outbound customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Partner with key stakeholders to create outstanding customer experiences for our customers
- Assure compliance with all related standard operating procedures, corporate and site policies
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of customer facing employee leadership experience, ideally in Customer Retention, Customer Service, Account Management, and/or high touch Sales leadership roles
- 5+ years of experience at a technology products/services or subscription service organization
- Experience driving performance at 3rd party partners
- Demonstrated track record hiring, developing, and retaining employees
- Ability to utilize strategic thinking to achieve long-term company goals
- Ability to set priorities and execute work in a fast-paced environment
- Driven, energetic, self-assured professional with high personal integrity
- Strong communication (verbal and written), presentation, and project management skills
- Ability to develop effective, positive interpersonal relationships
- No ego, no job too small attitude
- 50% travel required if not located in Richmond, VA
If based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.