Sr. Instructional Designer I
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
Learning at SimpliSafe is changing. Our training organization within our call center is on the forefront of that transformation. As our learning program evolves and scales, we need your expertise in learning design & program evaluation. This role will partner with stakeholders to drive project initiatives for our contact center organization. As we bring new contact center sites, new products, and new lines of business online - we have no shortage of opportunity. Our list of projects is ambitious and we need your expertise to help us realize that ambition.
What You’ll Do
- Reimagine our onboarding program, aligning learning paths against various lines of business: customer service, tech support, sales, and loyalty.
- Work cross functionally with the content and facilitation teams to build learning programs that deliver against business and performance goals
- Manage projects from inception to completion keeping stakeholders and project teams informed
- Propose and execute on thoughtful changes to existing training programs and leverage training modalities effectively - audio, video, eLearning, gamification, simulations, etc
- Work with the ID Manager to develop and implement a learning assessment program
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years of experience in learning design & implementation
- Proficiency in eLearning design, audio, and video editing
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and communicate timelines, challenges, and opportunities
- Ability to build strong relationships with SMEs, cross functional partners, and learners
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles & learning evaluation
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal, and demonstrated throughout programming
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfortable challenging norms and questioning existing processes
- A level of comfort in a highly transformative environment where priorities and processes are continuously evolving
What would be very helpful for you in this role (but isn’t required)
- Experience working with Lessonly and Seismic platforms
If based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.