SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Payroll Manager who will primarily be responsible for all day-to-day payroll activities and play a critical role in building our greatest asset – our people! The Payroll Manager will report to the Controller and will be responsible for overseeing our U.S. payroll process for our nearly 800 employees. This role will also be responsible for continually driving process improvements and be an experienced and trusted payroll resource for the entire company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building the function in a hyper growth, private equity backed company. In this role you will:
- Ensure accurate, timely and efficient processing, calculating and payment of bi-weekly payrolls
- Manage all payroll functions and maintain compliance with applicable policies, contracts, and State and Federal laws
- Continue to implement and enhance best-in-class payroll policies, procedures and internal control policies
- Analyze and reconcile post-payroll reports and quarterly tax filings to identify discrepancies in order to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals and monthly journal entries for all payroll and benefits, reconciliations of payroll registers to the general ledger, etc.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of any special checks, i.e., termination pay, special bonuses or equity based transactions
- Collaborate and partner with the People Team on employee questions and the distribution of employee education/communication initiatives
- Be responsible for reconciling W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation and deduction transactions
- Oversee and ensure the effective, accurate and timely set up and filing of all employer payroll and related compliance forms and returns for all applicable jurisdictions
- Support annual financial statements, 401(k), Worker’s Compensation and other audits, as needed
- Partner with the People Team on the ongoing maintenance and integration of the UltiPro and Kronos platforms
- Support CFO, Controller and CPO with special, ad-hoc projects as requested
You are a collaborative, intellectually quick self-starter who is energized in building high quality payroll processes and controls within a fast growing company. Your pro-active and organizational skills enable you to meet critical deadlines. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; FPC or CPP certification preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive payroll management experience
- Experience with UKG (UltiPro/Kronos) and NetSuite preferred
- Experience with multi-state payroll a plus
- Strong system and data flow knowledge; ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies
- Ability to multitask and stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- High-functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, codes, GAAP, regulations and other related requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization – must be a team player
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management, and
- Highest level of integrity in all dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior