Sr Manager, Customer Experience Analytics
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe is looking for an experienced CX Analytics Manager / Sr. Manager who can lead all analytics, forecasting, and reporting work related to SimpliSafe’s existing customer base. In this role, you will drive projects and analyses to identify insights and areas of opportunity for the business, own forecasts for critical business metrics, and enable key strategic stakeholders and decision makers to operate in a data-driven way. In this highly visible role, you will interact with cross functional groups and executive leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and mentor a team of high-performing analysts across reporting, customer insights, and forecasting functions
- Conduct deep-dive analysis on customer behavior to drive optimal outcomes (e.g., retention, hardware sales, customer satisfaction) within the existing customer base
- Organize and mine large datasets from disparate sources to find optimization opportunities in the Customer Experience Team
- Create custom, targeted reports and dashboards that deliver insights into the current health of the business and opportunities for future growth
- Curate and develop an effective suite of dashboards to provide visibility into performance and efficiency metrics in the Contact Center at the executive leader, supervisor, and front-line agent levels
- Work closely with the FP&A team to produce regular monthly and quarterly reporting of CX-related KPIs for management team and investors to review
- Partner with the Data Science team to continually enhance accuracy and explainability of attrition, hardware sales, and call volume forecasting models
- Partner with internal technical resources (Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Science, and others) to ensure data integrity and availability to support analytical requirements
- Inspire and elevate those around you with your humility and deep intellectual curiosity
- Conduct special research projects as needed
What You’ll Need
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- 3+ years of experience managing analysts
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate statistical output in a manner that is engaging, understandable, and influential
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical significance testing, and a history of demonstrated success in driving improvements through A/B testing and analysis
- Ability to alternate between evaluating competing priorities and developing plans and roadmaps at the “10,000-foot view”, but also get deep into the weeds of understanding all technical details and nuances in customer data
- Strong technical skills, including experience with query and data visualization tools. Expert-level proficiency with SQL, Tableau, and Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages preferred
- Experience with time-series forecasting and various forecast modelling techniques strongly preferred