Director, People Partner - Marketing/Commercial & Strategy
SimpliSafe is seeking a Director of People Strategy to support our Marketing, Commercial, and Strategy business leaders and their teams. In this role, you will assist in designing and executing strategic programs to support key people areas including: hiring, retention, and development of talent; organizational design; our Global Career Framework; employee engagement. In addition, you will provide HR support on the design and rollout of key People Team initiatives such as: Annual Performance Reviews, Talent Planning, Employee Engagement Survey, DE&I programs, etc. The People Partner will also assist with complex employee issues, escalations and investigations.
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible.
What You'll Do
- Align on business objectives with business leaders and serve as primary strategic partner to leadership on people-related matters.
- Partner with People Leadership Team and business leaders to design, manage, improve, and support key People-related initiatives and programs including compensation, career development, performance management, talent planning, employee relations, change management, training, organizational design, etc.
- Partner with other People functions and internal resources to drive and execute corporate-wide People initiatives and programs through design, implementation and iteration.
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys and employee feedback routines including focus groups and exit interviews.
- Coach managers and provide guidance and support with performance related issues or employee/manager conversations.
- Constructively challenge the status quo for the purpose of improving outcomes or processes.
- Liaise between the People Team, client groups, and other stakeholders, all while representing SimpliSafe values and culture.
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations for complex escalations and issues.
- Act as a cultural ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years applicable HR/People Business Partner experience (or comparable role), preferably with experience supporting a C-level executive. Experience supporting a Marketing and/or Commercial Sales organization in a Technology company is preferred.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance to business line, think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions.
- Ability and experience supporting and coaching C-level executives.
- Excellent communication, mediation, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability scaling processes and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to flex work style - strategic, operational and tactical - and partner effectively across functional teams, and employee levels.
- General knowledge of all functional areas in HR.