Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting and Controls
Do you consider yourself a financial accounting advisor who seeks to enhance financial processes to drive greater efficiency and quality in financial reporting? Do you enjoy documenting and supervising the design and implementation of control enhancements? Are you excited about joining a fast-growing PE-backed company to help create scalable financial processes while strengthening compliance? Are you motivated by the opportunity to make a significant impact? If the above sounds like you, you could be a great fit!
The Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting and Controls will report to the Director of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting and fill a key role on the finance team at SimpliSafe. You will work hand in hand with our accounting team and become an expert on how the business functions. You will coordinate with stakeholders across various departments to document business processes, associated risks, and key internal controls. As SimpliSafe continues our fast-pace growth, there are many opportunities to provide advice to business process owners on their controls compliance requirements and deliverables and share best practice insight. As the Company implements new financial systems, you will also work closely with the Financial Systems team with regards to updating risk assessments and documenting changes to existing processes and controls.
For the right candidate, this role will be an incredibly rewarding opportunity to help a fast-growing finance team build enhanced controls and scale to even higher levels.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and supplemental financial schedules
- Focus on efficiency related to the design and simplification of accounting processes
- Support all corporate accounting and close timeline initiatives
- Supervise our compliance with internal controls
- Identify opportunities and support finance automation initiatives
- Maintain business process narratives and risk and control matrices
- Assist with technical accounting topics, the creation and updating of accounting policies, and various finance projects
- Support the external audit process
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or large public company
- Big 4 public accounting experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Deep understanding of financial processes and SOX controls environments
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with recognized project management skills
- Strong documentation skills with experience documenting controls (e.g., narratives, flowcharts, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work autonomously and act in a consultative and teaching role
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite, Zuora, and/or Concur experience a plus skillset