Customer Account Management Supervisor
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe is headquartered in Boston, MA where we landed on Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2021”, and we look forward to making our mark as an employer of choice in the Richmond market.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and empathetic human support, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking Customer Loyalty team members to help us execute that transformation.
Looking to develop more skills and take the next step in your career? SimpliSafe is seeking a passionate people leader who is driven by our mission of Every Home Secure. You will be responsible for helping to launch and build our brand new Customer Account Management team dedicated to proactively contacting customers and resolving problems with their accounts. You’ll be responsible for achieving and exceeding results in key performance indicators and developing a culture of excellence in line with our company values. You will also work closely with leaders throughout our Finance, Fulfillment, and Engineering teams (among others) to help develop new initiatives & report out on results. If you’re a customer obsessed leader and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop a new organization, we’d love to have you join our team in Richmond, VA!
What You’ll Do
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of 10-15 Customer Account Associates, driving engagement & efficiency while achieving results in KPIs
- Help create and execute outbound phone campaigns to maintain and improve overall customer account health - including resolving technical, data, and billing issues
- Provide extensive coaching to agents - ensuring a consistent customer experience on all interactions
- Analyze campaign result data and partner with teams throughout the organization to identify/resolve root causes of account problems
- Maintain continuous feedback loop between leadership & agents on initiatives within the department
- Handle escalated customer issues when necessary
- Drive a productive, continuous performance management culture, defining performance expectations, initiative prioritization, goals, and results
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience leading successful contact center teams, with specific experience in outbound calling required
- Ability to drive results within a team environment and effectively coach agents
- Proven success making great hiring decisions and building high-performing teams
- Ability to analyze statistical and performance data, develop management summary reports and proactively develop actions plans
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills, experience with technical troubleshooting and/or recurring billing preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both within your team and interdepartmentally
- Strong PC Skills, including Apple Products, Google, Gmail, Tableau Reporting
- Ability to quickly grasp new systems and tools.
- Home security industry experience preferred
If based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.