Senior IT Engineer - First Shift
SimpliSafe, who we are:
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, and supporting our growing internal user base is an integral part of that mission. We’re looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join our team. In this opportunity you will have a chance to be part of the immense growth within SimpliSafe’s IT Engineering team in Richmond, Virginia.
What you'll do:
- Tackle complex IT challenges across within IT Operations.
- Lead technology projects, e.g. new tool discovery, implementation & rollout, organizational process enhancements
- Solve complex technical end-user problems: hardware, software, and cloud-based tools Partner closely with teams across SimpliSafe to solve for the one end-user and/or for the entire organization - solving locally and thinking globally
- Scale self-service and knowledge adoption through documentation (how-to guides, policies, etc) Lean forward with the latest IT best practices and technology trends, in a SaaS/cloud environment
- Ability to work hybrid (2-3 days a week onsite) during the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Ability to work On-Call rotation
- Have at least 8 years of IT experience
- Have a customer first attitude
- Have significant experience supporting a SaaS / cloud environment
- Be able to triage and re-prioritize on the fly when things come up
- Be a natural communicator, verbally and in writing
- Have superior problem-solving skills in complex IT environments
- Enjoy building new processes and improving existing ones
- Have a humble, calm, always-learning mindset
- Be willing to pitch in from the bottom to the top - whether it’s snaking cables through walls, testing keyboards, or working on challenging technical projects
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Supporting Mac (we're 90% Mac), Windows, and Chrome environments
- Jamf MDM, Okta SSO, Jira Service Desk
- Navigating G Suite and other SaaS administration
- Working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.