Assistant Office Manager
Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
And the next challenge we're tackling is the critical alarm moment by launching our own Monitoring Central Station in Richmond. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking candidates to help us execute that transformation.
We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, experienced Assistant Office Manager to join our People team in Richmond, Virgina. This person will be responsible for the day to day operation, facilities management and administration for our Richmond, monitoring center within a high-growth, mission-driven company. This position located in Richmond, VA and be required to work onsite.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Office Operations in our Richmond monitoring center. .
- Own the space: help us make a great first impression, assign desks, space planning, assist with build out and long term planning for our high growth
- Help shape the workplace experience through our physical environment, cultural events, daily rituals and special projects.
- Drive office efficiencies and negotiate vendor contracts
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Assist in organizing company events/outings and company volunteer events
- Create opportunities for engagement for all employees to foster a positive employee experience and culture
- Arrange and supervise building maintenance and repairs
- Assist as needed with new hire orientation
- Coordinate front office activities including, the reception area, mail, purchasing, and production planning
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of office management/operational experience
- Experience with contract negotiation, managing outside vendors
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Positive outlook and professional demeanor
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.