Reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer, the Director, Partnerships, will be a key leader at Simplisafe, responsible for developing the vision and partnership strategy across multiple verticals, including growing relationships with national insurance providers, leaders in the home buying ecosystem and more. The role will lead a team that both charts our course for partnerships and executes them once established.
The ideal candidate is a leader that has demonstrated both the strategic savvy and relationship skills to secure new partnerships that drive business value. You understand how to leverage the unique assets that a company brings (and we have them!) to find opportunities for joint value creation with outside entities. You thrive in starting with a blank piece of paper, taking calculated risks and leveraging your creativity and grit to achieve your vision.
What You'll Do
- Drive the vision and strategy for how Partnerships will further accelerate the SimpliSafe growth strategy.
- Play a central role in fostering strong relationships between SimpliSafe and fortune 500 companies in property and casualty insurance and other areas of the home buying ecosystem
- Own the end-to-end process for identifying and prioritizing key verticals and opportunities, from strategy to sourcing partnerships, negotiating and closing significant programs and then managing the ongoing relationship.
- Be an internal champion for SimpliSafe’s fast growing partnership channel and work cross-functionally to gain support needed to fuel further growth.
- Manage a small but scrappy team focused on developing new scalable practices for acquiring customers.
- Focus on being a relationship architect that can cultivate strong relationships with the leadership teams of external partners to ensure further growth.
- Drive the annual strategic plan and sales forecast for the channels you own.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- At least 8 years with relevant experience in business development and partnerships
- Consistent track record of successful deal making
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize competing projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record to adapt to new environments and work effectively with people of all levels, comfortable presenting up to the board and pitching business opportunities to senior external partners
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- A history of managing and growing a high performing team
- Strong familiarity with B2B2C go-to-market strategies
- Experience in Property and Casualty Insurance, Mortgage and Real Estate a plus
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.