Senior UX Designer, App
Simplisafe is looking for a Sr UX Designer with a strong visual background to join our growing Design team and work on our consumer’s app product (mobile & webapp). Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in the ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively.
In this role, you will work on our next generation of Simplisafe branded home security products. You will join a group of designers and work cross functionally with product and engineering partners to influence and contribute to our latest app experiences.You will demonstrate your full range of product thinking, interaction design, and visual design skills to shape the future of home security experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Translate user insights into digital experiences
- Collaborate with the rest of the design and research team and other multidisciplinary teams throughout the design process
- Design app product and service experiences that are well crafted and easy to use.
- Refine designs from concept to high fidelity prototypes
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to make implementation pixel perfect.
- Design new-to-the-world app experiences
- Evolve components in SimpliSafe design system.
- Design consistent interactions across the Simplisafe family of products
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You love to solve real world problems
- You are a strong visual designer who can translate brand guidelines into compelling mobile experiences
- Strong Portfolio that highlights your design process and 2+ mobile design projects
- You understand that great experiences go beyond the digital screen and are able to think about the relationship between hardware and software
- You understand the agile product development process
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process, and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have hands on experience in creating low and high fidelity prototypes
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways
- Team Skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded. You are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Communication: You are able to articulate the problem you are solving, communicate your designs, and create a compelling narrative around the work you are doing
- 3+ year of experience designing digital mobile experiences
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, or other relevant degree
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurens in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.