Analytics Engineer, Finance
Are you passionate about analyzing data and delivering actionable information that helps business leaders and executives make informed business decisions? Are you looking to join a fast growing company with a great mission in the heart of Boston? Are you experienced in creating data visualizations, BI dashboards, and reports for operational and strategic planning? Do you speak both the technical and financial languages effectively and are able to convert your vision into concrete results? Are you motivated by the opportunity to make a significant impact?
If the above sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The mission of SimpliSafe is to keep every home secure. It is our belief that being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and so user-friendly that they can be set up by anyone in minutes. In addition to our great products, SimpliSafe offers seamless 24/7 professional monitoring services, without the long-term contracts nor sky-high prices of traditional alarm companies. Simply put, we’re on an industry-disruptive mission to keep every home safe.
Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. In 2014, we were ranked in The Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US with a 3,000%+ three-year growth rate. In July 2020, CNET named SimpliSafe the best do-it-yourself alarm system. Fast forward to today, we protect over 2 million Americans and that number is fast rising. SimpliSafe is ushering in a new era, one where anyone anywhere can have a security system that is not only simple but also on the cutting edge.
The Finance Analytics Engineer will report to the Director of Financial Systems and Analytics, and will play a key role in enabling and supporting the data and reporting needs for the finance team at SimpliSafe. You will distill and extract insights from data to create value and unlock the potential of data to drive business decisions and value. As a part of this effort, you will be standardizing KPIs, operational metrics, and executive reports. You will be building out automated data pipelines and tools to elevate our existing data-processes. This will require you to engage with senior leadership and other stakeholders to collect critical requirements, identify potential solutions, and implement them.
In summary, this is a highly visible role with access to senior level management and the ability to professionalize the business intelligence function in a fast growing, private equity backed company that is expanding globally.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate high-level business strategy into standardized reports, dashboards, and data needs
- Automate and maintain data-pipelines in Python and SQL to extract monthly finance KPIs
- Build end-to-end data products to support deep dives which identify drivers for business trends (from pipeline to interface)
- Assure data quality through defining and monitoring data governance policies
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Transform raw data sources into data sources that are usable for analyses through ETL best practices
- Work closely with producers of data sources (Data Engineering) to develop a deep understanding of SimpliSafe’s data, how it is populated and stored, and what it means
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field)
- 2- 4 years hands on experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- Strong expertise in SQL
- Strong experience with Python or other scripting language
- Experience in automating BI reports and/or developing ETL pipelines
- Proficiency in Tableau (or similar BI platforms)
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS is a plus
- Interest in innovating our data infrastructure and solutions
- Experience with subscription / SaaS business a plus
- Knowledge of upstream data governance and master data management a plus
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to change
- Self-starter who can take on significant responsibility and drive process change independently
- Intellectual curiosity with rigorous attention to detail and a passion for problem solving
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system and management reporting issues
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.