Brand Social Media Specialist
Are you excited about creating dynamic content and seeing the engagement it gets from an audience? Do you know what works, what doesn’t and why? Do you love creating your own content for your personal channels? Do you know how to harness and amplify a brand message to create authentic experiences and interactions with our community? Then this role is for you!
We are searching for a dynamic, uber-creative and passionate social media specialist to drive the management of our content across all owned social platforms and interact regularly with our community.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering inspiring, disruptive, and innovative content to help engage new + existing SimpliSafe followers. You will manage and engage with our large group of loyal followers across channels while pursuing and creating connections with new ones. You will use your skills to regularly create content that makes a difference, with a primary focus on TikTok.
What You'll Do:
- Be the daily voice of SimpliSafe brand and carry the brand personality into relevant and timely cultural conversations across all channels.
- Manage and oversee content creation, engagement and monitoring for main SimpliSafe social platforms in the US (TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Utilize your keen sense of culture to determine where SimpliSafe should engage, how the brand shows up, get SimpliSafe noticed in culture, while staying true to brand values
- Own SimpliSafe TikTok account from idea conception, filming, editing and management
- Creating video & graphic content for all of our social media channels, with a primary focus on TikTok and independent production of ~3-5 videos per week.
- Writing social media copy, including captions, infographics, short scripts, and on-reel copy
- Create relevant original, high-quality content for all organic social channels such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Assist in the creation of a content calendar for all social that enhances the broader marketing plan
- Assist in aggregating comments, questions, and concerns across all public channels
- Content management responsibilities such as: scheduling and posting organic content, curating user generated content and crisis management
- Proactively escalate issues, insights, observations and opportunities to the appropriate teams.
- Monitor customer inquiries via all social channels to provide immediate support and resolution where needed
- Work hand-in-hand with our CX team to make sure they fully resolve issues, feedback and questions. Use this insight to deliver what our customers want.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Lives and breathes social – regularly uses trending platforms and thrives off creating content and communications that genuinely connect with audiences to deliver brand voice (or showcasing your own brand on your personal channels!)
- Must have a love for filming content. Bonus: being comfortable on camera – we love personality!
- Experience managing a content calendar for each platform
- Understands social media best practices, knows “what’s trending” and is always on your #FYP
- Inclusive, creative, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted to putting the customer first
- You don’t just follow trends you are inspired to create your own and you are the first to jump in and make sure our brand is tapping into cultural moments that align with our customer segments
What You'll Need:
- 1-3 years of creating social content across channels to deliver key audience KPIs
- Proven experience working in TikTok from content creation, trend analysis and strategy
- Experience in brand community management a must
- Strong writing and editorial skills with utmost attention to detail
- Comprehensive, nuanced understanding of all social platforms, including emerging creative sensibility and a keen eye for look and feel, editorial storytelling experiences are a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- Quick-thinking, creative, hands-on, problem-solver
- Experience with basic digital photography and videography via mobile phone
- Proficient in editing tools/apps including but not limited to: Splice, Canva, Adobe Photoshop. Graphic design tools are a bonus
- Has a strong growth mindset and is receptive to feedback
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!