Senior Manager, Logistics Analytics
As part of the Simplisafe Global Logistics Team, the Senior Manager, Logistics Analytics will be responsible for the overall management and strategic execution of all logistics cost and volume reporting. The Senior Manager will develop analytical, data-driven, system solutions to continuously improve and provide valuable insights to support the Global Logistics team. The Senior Manager will build, launch and lead the SimpliSafe Control Tower. They will create and monitor contract and industry KPIs, conduct modeling and simulations, and transform data to provide key insights and recommendations for strategic execution. This individual must collaborate cross functionally to design appropriate data driven solutions to support the SimpliSafe team.
- Manage and build the logistics analytics team consisting of one direct report. Lead the team through mentoring, coaching, hiring and developing an organization aligned with business goals and best in class service.
- Develop and lead the SimpliSafe Control Tower. Develop appropriate data solutions, real time visibility, dashboards and visualization to enable the Logistics team to monitor and make key decisions based on operational performance of the end to end supply chain. Streamline communication platforms with vendors. Evaluate existing capabilities and establish new systems and processes for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all Global Logistics activities.
- Translate conceptual questions into data-driven analyses to allow leaders to make informed decisions. Transform data into useful information tailored to company needs through storyboarding and data visualization.Build models that lead strategic recommendations for the future strategy of the Logistics team.
- Develop, analyze and distribute cost and budget reporting for the Global Logistics team. Routinely track and update forecasted budget for the team. Identify potential savings and future initiatives. Formulate data and analytics into sound recommendations for presenting thoughts and ideas clearly across the organization.
- Gather, interpret, document and maintain business rules for the Global Logistics organization. Prioritize root cause and develop and deploy corrective action as necessary. Create procedures and implement continuous improvement for internal and external Logistics processes.
- Manage real-time data gathering and information sharing for real-time alerts for supply chain disruptions and exception management.
- Lead the Global Logistics productivity pipeline to identify productivity initiatives to mitigate headwinds and reduce overall spend. Lead through cross functional meetings to identify new opportunities, forecasting of anticipated savings, prioritization of ideas and timeline to execution.
- Develop data integrity and source of truth volume reporting through deeper utilization of enterprise tools.
- A relevant bachelor's degree. 7-10 years of logistics experience with solid business acumen and knowledge of consumer products
- Prior demonstrated success in leadership, implementation, improvement programs and change management.
- Managing and delivery of budgets
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Expert with data manipulation, data structuring and analysis. Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills; comfortable with ambiguity
- Expert with Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau. Experience with Google Workspace and utilizing ERP systems like NetSuite.
- Strong medium and long-term forward planning, organizational, prioritizing and multitasking skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Logistics and Operations business landscape with an ability to work under tight deadlines working with cross-functional teams and multiple vendors.
- Located in Boston, MA. Travel Required: up to 15%