Senior Manufacturing Ops Lead
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built. So, we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no-ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities, and make a huge impact on the lives of all those that we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own home.
SimpliSafe is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Lead to join the manufacturing organization of an award-winning wireless/IoT home security company. You will work with internal and external teams to lead activities in product and process development, continuous improvement and other strategic areas. In this role, you will be the voice of the manufacturing team, focusing on achieving manufacturing, quality, and supply chain deliverables, along with cost, quality and delivery goals. The ideal candidate has a project management foundation, experience in consumer products or electronics manufacturing, and a passion for building and improving standard work processes and tools. This role is an agent for collaboration, accountability, continuous improvement, and change agility.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the voice of the manufacturing and supply chain teams throughout the product life cycle
- Work closely with external JDM/CM/EMS/supplier teams and internal SimpliSafe development teams to successfully transition NPI products into mass production; align on roles and responsibilities, track progress, escalate issues, and ensure teams are properly integrated to achieve deliverables
- Lead internal and JDM/CM teams as Program Manager for Sustaining programs, including product cost-downs, performance improvements, and other sustaining product changes
- Act as point of accountability for manufacturing and supply chain execution by communicating costs, risks, schedules, and other issues to senior management
- Build an in-depth understanding of our products, manufacturing processes, and documentation requirements to contribute to the successful completion of NPI and sustaining programs. Work with internal and external teams to develop thorough documentation and manage change control processes.
- Engage appropriate quality and compliance resources to provide validation/qualification and certification services to achieve project goals.
- Partner with engineering, sourcing, and supply chain teams to actively manage build schedules, material readiness, and production plans
- Assist in the creation and rollout of processes and tools to help SimpliSafe work better, including data collection methods, reporting of metrics/KPIs, and risk management
- Contribute to and drive continuous improvement and enhancement processes
What You'll Need:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years in the development and manufacturing of high-volume consumer electronics
- Strong process and planning skills with significant experience in project/program management
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment; strong ability to develop and foster partner relationships
- Self-disciplined approach to achieve results; motivation to spot problems and solve them
- Experience managing Asian manufacturing partners and traveling to manufacturing sites; ability to travel internationally 2-4 times per year
- Background in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering, manufacturing, or product development
- Project Management certification or equivalent course work
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Experience manufacturing in Mexico and Europe
- Experience with refurbishment and repair processes as well as postponement processes
- Familiarity with stage gate processes
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.