Sr. Manager, Business Development
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
SimpliSafe is a growing home technology company in Boston on a mission to Make Every Home Secure. We operate a fast-growing partnerships practice, working with top-tier organizations like Verizon, Progressive Insurance, and USAA to bring award-winning home security to customers.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of Business Development (BD) to join our partnerships team and drive growth via new partnerships. Our team is dynamic and fast paced – looking for innovative ways to drive efficient growth for the organization. Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, you will be responsible for leading our BD team, closing profitable deals, and hitting sales targets.
This role requires a balance of analytical and interpersonal skills. Critical thinking and analytical chops to drive strategy – and creativity and EQ to build breakthrough solutions with others. The role also necessitates someone who can work across the entire sales funnel – from identifying targets/verticals, to developing creative proposals, to pitching potential partners, to finalizing the deal.
In addition, you will:
- Be a general manager: own the business development funnel and forecasting of sales for new partners; accountable for performance of new launches, including execution of key business drivers
- Be a leader: set team direction, coach team members, and lead by example and values
- Be a relationship builder: both inside SimpliSafe and across multiple levels of our partner organizations
- Be a humble change-agent: help us see how to make things better then roll-up your sleeves and do everything you can to help us get there
- Serve as a legal liaison: partner with our legal team on the negotiation and execution of contract
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of business development experience, preferably in technology and/or consumer businesses
- Experience leading high performing teams and developing strong talent
- Experience building and maintaining significant external business relationships
- Highly organized, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers
- MBA preferred
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.