We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
As the Data Privacy Supervisor lead a team of talented specialists, while monitoring and ensuring the protection of customer personal data and privacy. This includes when other internal departments and financial institutions process the personal information of our customers.
Primary responsibilities include;
- Oversee a team of specialists that support company privacy compliance and respond to data privacy requests in a consistent and timely manner.
- Support operational teams as they complete privacy risk assessments and assist with enhancements to internal privacy programs to encompass new systems and services
- Work closely on occasions with internal teams (Legal, Product, and Operations) and relevant stakeholders to aid in building/implementing processes for data protection and privacy issues and to enforce compliance with applicable regulations
- Manage the provided tools, templates, and standard operating procedures provided to help support compliance with privacy policies within your department/team
- Assist our internal legal team and subject matter experts for operational privacy and data protection compliance
- Partnering with the Privacy leadership team to identify areas of risk and to help develop solutions
- Contribute to SimpliSafe’s thought leadership in data privacy, data ethics, and data governance
- Collaborate with the Security team to help ensure that data remains safe and secure
What You'll Bring
The following are required for this position;
- 1+ years of experience working as an information privacy professional, or a similar compliance role with general knowledge of US and EU privacy laws and regulations
- Experience supporting compliance programs to comply with GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, VCDPA and related privacy policies and regulations
- Experience coaching to implemented and developed programs leveraging OneTrust
- Team focused mindset, with an ability to build strong relationships, and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with members at all levels of the organization
- Experience coaching to policies, conducting investigations, and developing scalable processes to handle data subject requests and complaints
- Experience working with privacy assessments and supporting privacy program your leadership team
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) preferred
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.