We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Senior Director, Hardware will lead our Hardware organization. We are seeking an experienced and visionary leader who can drive innovation, design, development, and production of our hardware products. This position will require strategic thinking, technical expertise, and the ability to motivate and lead a high-performing team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with our executive team to develop and execute the Hardware organization’s strategic vision, goals, and objectives, aligning them with SimpliSafe’s overall mission and business objectives.
- Lead, manage and mentor a global team of mechanical, electrical, systems, and sustaining engineers, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture. Provide guidance, support, and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Lead the design and delivery of our broad product portfolio and millions of devices in the field:
- IoT, connected devices, cameras, connected sensors
- RF, Wifi, Bluetooth
- Build and lead a “Product Factory” capable of launching multiple physical Consumer Electronic products in parallel through contract and joint development manufacturer partnerships, stage/gate hardware development, and agile software development.
- Oversee the end-to-end hardware product development process, from concept to production. Identify key risks and develop mitigation strategies and concurrent development paths.
- Collaborate closely with other departments, such as Product, Software Development, Firmware, Marketing, and Supply Chain to ensure seamless integration of hardware products with overall company strategies.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key suppliers, contract and joint development manufacturers, and partners to secure the best terms, pricing, and support for our hardware projects.
- Manage the hardware division's budget, allocate resources effectively, and make data-driven decisions to optimize cost-efficiency.
- Inspire your team to achieve our Every Home Secure mission
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable experience; Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success launching multiple physical consumer products in parallel
- 10-15+ years leadership experience in engineering and product development in a world-class connected device, consumer physical product organization(s)
- Respect and understanding of other disciplines; including Industrial Design, User Experience, Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing
- Proven experience working with IoT system design, embedded microcontrollers, real time operating systems, Object Oriented Design, multi-threading, shared memory, memory synchronization and low level interfaces
- Familiarity with a wide range of schematic capture and layout tools, low power and battery powered designs, and embedded product security (development and deployment)
- A “no job too small” entrepreneurial attitude
- Demonstrated experience working with global teams and with products manufactured outside of the United States
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and develop teams quickly, attract and retain talent, and implement and sustain impactful business change processes.
- A passion for the consumer and Every Home Secure
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.