We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Product Designer with marketing experience to join our growing design team. In this role, you will help design the future of our ecommerce store, with the goal of helping all customers purchase the security system that best fits their needs and budget. Along the way, you’ll help launch innovative new products and help Simplisafe reach new audiences.
As an individual contributor, you will lead key design initiatives, work collaboratively with a diverse team to deliver iterative UX improvements, larger innovations and persuasive branded landing experiences.
The Simplisafe Ecommerce team is a conversion-focused, experimentation-centered environment – so if you love coming up with great ideas to test and get excited to drive business results in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with a team of Designers, Product Managers, Data Analysts, Developers and Stakeholders to define and develop user experiences for prospective customers
- Partner with Copywriters and Marketing teams to design landing experiences for new product launches and landing page destinations aimed at experimental target audiences
- Lead projects end-to-end from discovery to handoff
- Gather insights by synthesizing existing research and consumer insights data
- Foster collaboration by hosting design workshops and feedback sessions
- Structure and lead user testing to evaluate prototypes and designs
- Participate in the idea generation process to define new experiments during quarterly roadmap planning
- Maintain and add to our SimpliEcom Design System and partner with our platform team to launch new components onsite
What You’ll Bring
- You have a strong visual design sense and can translate brand guidelines into compelling experience across all devices using layout, color, typography and images
- You have a strong intuition for how to market products successfully and enjoy working with copy partners to bring product launches to life.
- You have expertise using design tools such as Figma, FigJam, Miro, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- You have experience building, editing and maintaining design systems.
- You care about accessibility and always produce designs that comply with WCAG standards
- You focus on users, and you push to consider the voice of the customer in your collaboration
- You seek out new data and collaborate with analytics partners to understand user scenarios, wants vs. needs.
- You are able to articulate the problem you are solving, communicate your designs, and create a compelling narrative around the work you are doing
- You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables
- You have a track record of producing effective UX that delivers measurable outcomes for the customer and the business
- You work independently, are self-motivated, and provide clarity to ambiguity
- You are curious by nature and have an experimental, learning, and iterative mindset
- You help determine what needs to be done, why, and the best way to do it
- You proactively speak up and advocate for improving process
- You want to actively contribute to shape design culture & vision
- You start to coordinate junior designers and/or design partners to work on parts of your projects
- You are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and diversity of thought
- 4+ years of digital product design experience (experience in D2C ecommerce a huge plus)
- Experience in an experimentation (A/B testing) focused environment
- Interest in interaction design and design systems
- Highly skilled in Figma
- An online portfolio showcasing the end-to-end design process, that highlights design thinking and expertise. Your portfolio should highlight your approach to problem solving and ideally demonstrate experience achieving business outcomes utilizing data insights, user research and stakeholder feedback. Candidates without online portfolios will not be considered.
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.