Technical Support Specialist
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The Technical Support Specialist will provide high-level tech assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their escalated technical problems. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, please apply!
What You’ll Do
- Product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex scenarios
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Helps to create new training materials and/or troubleshooting steps in order to address identified gaps in existing content.
- Assist in creating communication for updates regarding identified problems and subsequent fixes for problems back to the contact center.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree or 2 years IT experience
- Aware of Seven Behaviors Engagement Model or at least 1 year of customer service experience
- Possess both self-direction to work autonomously and a humble, team-player mindset
- No adverse employment actions
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Persistence to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
- Enjoy, and have enthusiasm for, continued learning and growth
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and colleagues
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments