Staff Software Engineer
This new team is in the process of building cloud services in a microservices architecture for a new platform we are creating to bring internal monitoring in house, and looking for a top-notch Senior Engineer to join our team. The new services will be built in Node.js with a mix of Koa and Express, so experience with that is certainly preferred, but not required.
In this role, you will:
- Architect solutions from their inception through production, from design, develop, test and deployment.
- Work with product owners to understand their needs and deliver solutions in a test and learn approach.
- Break larger services into microservices which are:
- Small, and independent
- Easy to learn, change, extend
- Enable self-service by service users
- Extensive professional experience (8+ years) writing web services at scale using one of Nodejs, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, or C++.
- Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Thorough understanding of REST and web technology.
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
- Collaborative DevOps mindset and a passion for technology and learning. Enjoys mentoring teammates and helping everyone perform better.
- Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
If you enjoy working in a technically challenging environment and want the opportunity to build something brand new, we want to talk!
We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesn’t like free food and drinks?!