Senior Analyst Supply Planning
Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, "you shouldn't have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself."
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we're growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic thinking to develop longer-range supply strategies and plans that drive significant value while meeting the business requirements.
- Key contributor in developing the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process.
- Provide cross functional leadership across departments to solve for demand related issues caused by forecast error, demand or supply constraints, unplanned promotional opportunities, etc.
- Analyze, maintain, and modify key item-level system replenishment settings such as minimum ship quantity, shipment increment, and weeks of supply.
- Partner with internal Sourcing, Engineering, Product Management, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to support strategies that drive improvement throughout the product life cycle.
- Develop ongoing metric tools for operations (dashboards etc) for the measurement of OTD, Quality and Parts Delivery status etc.
- Monitor on-going Slow and Obsolete material and develop action plans in partnership with the responsible teams.
- Maintain visibility into finished good stock levels at our global warehouse locations.
- Establish end-to-end partner performance measurements and scorecards and hold partners accountable to continually improve cost, quality, lead time and service to both SimpliSafe and our contract manufacturing partners
- Support executive-level business reviews with critical partners at appropriate cadence
- Align with manufacturing partners to best leverage external capabilities, and improve ordering/buffering requirements while preventing supply risks and improving flexibility of supply.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years in managing outsourced manufacturing, component suppliers, and development of consumer electronics
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships both internally and with key partners up to the executive level
- Must be proficient with Excel and show ability to demonstrate (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting, arithmetic formulae)
- Familiar with an updated ERP system (NetSuite or similar)
- Proven track record or display of analytical and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders in all levels of the organization
- Excellent decision-making ability with the confidence to implement those decisions
- Experience improving supply chain and supplier performance, including performance metrics in the contract manufacturing industry
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in Operations or Supply Chain Management, or equivalent. APICS certification a plus (CPIM or CIRM);
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Tableau dashboard development
- Experience with database queries (SQL)
- Experience with VBA
- MBA or master’s degree in analytics
- Language skills with the ability to speak/read Mandarin/Simplified Chinese
- Strong understanding of geo-political and global trade influences within Asia