Workforce Management, Planning Manager
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
WFM Planning Manager is responsible for creating and influencing staffing recommendations for internal and vendor staffed resources to ensure both service level and key performance indicators are achieved on a daily & interval level basis. Other responsibilities will include operational, procedural, and data analysis requests to achieve service level objectives, improve efficiencies, and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
Have you ever dreamed of developing a short-term workforce function for a growing company, new into workforce management practices? Do you enjoy partnering with operations leaders to deliver great experiences for customers and contact center agents? Reducing friction by building processes and deep relationships? Developing people and digging into data to identify and solve problems? Then you might be interested in joining my team!
This person will lead a team of performers while delivering individually and collaboratively with Operations to provide departmental support including but not limited to;
- Develop and lead scalable short-term staffing and scheduling function with new NICE IEX scheduling software through process and analytic approaches
- Build a roadmap for team to build and automate processes to improve CC scheduling practices and policies
- Build methodologies to accurately predict interval-level business metrics such as volume, AHT, shrinkage to generate staff requirements
- Create tools and standardized policies to optimize schedules while infusing flexibility for agent preference
- Define, prepare, & communicate standardized performance updates and post-mortems - working collaboratively with Long-range Staffing and Forecasting teams to deliver full story
- Directly manage, coach, & develop 3-4 analysts who:
- Use new NICE IEX Workforce Management to generate staff requirements, identify and close staffing risks with internal and partner contact center staff
- Analyze intraday call arrival, handle times, and off-phone time patterns to identify future risk, then recommend and influence mitigation actions
- Create schedules that address future demand needs while delivering for agent flexibility
- Align agent schedules to anticipated demand to most efficiently achieve service level
- Preschedule off-phone time to support business, management, and agent needs
- Lead & support Daily/Weekly/Monthly staffing discussions and reporting on key CC metrics
- Collaborate and facilitate cross-functional meetings with operations, human resources, training, finance, outsource partners and others to
- Deliver scalable practices and environment that attracts and attains talented workforce
- Create and improve scheduling policy, process and communication to balance agent flexibility with optimized customer support
- Develop clear and standard off-phone policies and reporting
- Improve internal queue alignment with minimal agent impact and manual work, and maximum transparency to process, policy, trends
- Lead analysis and auditing to ensure consistency and accuracy in how data is captured and shared; makes recommendations based on insights
- Recommend and implement data-based improvements for call center efficiency
- Works in tandem with the WFM Real-Time Supervisor to ensure all intervals, over all days, are staffed to meet service goals, and that any tactical changes needed are addressed with urgency
- Ad-hoc requests to support effective resource management within the organization
The following are required for this position;
- 3+ years experience with a WFM Platform such as Genesys, Aspect, NICE, or similar
- 3+ years direct management experience, setting clear priorities, coaching, building improvement roadmap, and translating leadership vision into actionable steps for team
- Create team vision and influences leadership vision
- Strong analytic skills, as well as the proven ability to identify root causes and problem statements to drive efficiencies toward company and department goals
- Influence and negotiate with parts of the organization where formal authority is not held
- Super-curious to dive into trends, packaging stories with visualized insights to influence improvements to process and policy
- Prioritize workload to handle multiple projects with intentional stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation/facilitation skills, and ability to work productively with all levels
- Make sound judgment calls displaying a heightened level of accountability, a sense of responsibility, confidentiality and professionalism
- Work collaboratively within a team and across departments, and maintain a positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or Google Suite
The following are ideal for this position
- Experience with NICE workforce platform
- Experience in and/or supporting contact centers
If based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.