Senior People Generalist
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The People Generalist in partnership with the People Partner and Strategic People Partners, is responsible for maintaining and improving every aspect of the employee experience within the line of business you support. As a trusted advisor, educator, and problem solver for managers and leaders within the line(s) of business you support, you will provide line of business-specific support for HR operations and processes and ensure successful execution of People programs. You will also coordinate and manage Tier 2 questions and employee issues, including any line of business specific employee relations programs. Please note this position will support our Warehouse functions.
What You'll Do
- Work jointly with the People and business leadership teams on various initiatives, delivering programs and processes to support business objectives and people needs
- Partner with the People Operations team to deliver on the business-specific needs for a variety of HR projects and programs including onboarding/offboarding, new hire onboarding, benefits, compensation, immigration, leaves and worker’s compensation
- Coordinate Tier 2 or line of business specific employee relations issues (e.g. administration of the attendance policy, performance concerns); lead internal investigations as needed
- Provide support and coaching for managers and supervisors on leadership development, talent management, performance management, employee relations, compliance, total rewards, and training.
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys and employee feedback routines including focus groups
- Help to shape and communicate our culture to current and new employees
- Champion company values, vision, and standards of conduct
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on workforce planning and hiring initiatives.
- Partner with the Safety Manager to ensure safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- Partner with Fulfillment leadership on internal communications ensuring that employees feel connected to the broader SimpliSafe team and have the tools to be able to do their best work in a supportive and inclusive environment.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of HR-related experience
- Proficiency with HR information systems (HRIS) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of HR functions & best practices
- Warehouse expereince a plus