Sales Leader, Inbound
Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace in our new customer contact center in Richmond, Virginia.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and empathetic human support, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking skilled sales professionals who will tailor our customers' experience and drive loyalty to help us in this transformation.
Looking to develop more skills and take the next step in your career? SimpliSafe is seeking experienced and motivated sales leaders that have a passion for building strong team(s) and are driven by our mission to make "Every Home Secure". As a new sales leader, you will be responsible for achieving or exceeding a sales quota, key performance indicators and driving a culture of excellence aligned to our company values. If you are customer obsessed and are genuinely excited to provide security solutions that provide peace of mind, we would love to have you join our new sales team in Henrico County, VA!
What You’ll Do
- Coach, develop and motivate a high performing inbound sales team to meet conversion metrics and revenue targets
- Support the execution of a multi-year Sales/Customer Loyalty strategy, in partnership with the leadership team, including execution of short-term and long-term strategic objectives
- Partner with Peers, L&D, CS/Tech, and WFM; optimizing cross-team relationships to drive outcomes
- Improve customer loyalty and team performance through management of sales incentives/contests and contingency levers
- Develop and maintain strategy on ensuring customer satisfaction on all sales transactions
- Monitoring of individual, team and call center results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance
- Maintain continuous feedback loop between leadership & agents on initiatives within the department
- Deliver/participate in product, process and sales training
- Monitor/observe sales calls and activities to provide timely coaching to sales agents to improve sales effectiveness and productivity
- Prepare and submit Sales performance reports
- Drive a productive, continuous performance management culture, defining performance expectations, initiative prioritization, goals, and results
- Lead organization through change and help the team respond to change
- Help remove barriers, acting as an escalation point when needed to help solve or triage
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of sales management experience; indirectly or directly leading sales teams in an inbound environment
- 1+ year of SaaS sales experience
- Proven success making great hiring decisions and building high-performing sales/retention teams
- Proven success in driving results in a sales environment through ongoing agent coaching and development
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills with a deep understanding of sales levers, metrics, performance standards and sales methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both within your team and interdepartmentally
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Team player - must be able to follow instructions, accept and apply feedback, and be open to constant ongoing change
- Strong PC Skills, including Apple Products, Google, Gmail, Tableau Reporting
- Ability to analyze statistical and performance data, develop management summary reports and proactively develop actions plans
- Ability to quickly grasp new systems and tools.
- Home security industry experience preferred
**Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.*