Senior Manager, Product Management, New Products
We are …
a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security.
The Job …
As a Senior Manager on our Product Management team, you and your team will help define the future of home security and own the roadmap for SimpliSafe’s hardware products - cameras, base stations, user interfaces and sensors. To succeed, you’ll need initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset.
The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong track record of shipping hardware products and a proven ability to hire and grow key product talent. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, aren’t afraid to make decisions and have a passion for technology. In addition to developing the roadmap and setting high level strategy, you are also able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You’ll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. You are also able to effectively communicate with leaders at all levels.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own SimpliSafe’s hardware roadmap -- cameras, base station (the smarts), keypads, sensors, etc.
- Lead and coach a high performing team of Product Managers to deliver against the roadmap
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and our business
- Assess competitors and technology trends
- Lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit
- Work with the marketing team to develop and support go-to-market plans
You’ve got ..
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (engineering or science)
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in roles related to Product Management that includes building and launching hardware products
- 2+ years managing a team of product managers
- Passion for consumer products, especially electronics, apps, and smart home
- Data-driven mindset
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.