Product Marketing Manager
We are seeking a dynamic, driven product marketer to focus on supporting the customer marketing strategy behind our portfolio of new and existing products and services at SimpliSafe. In this role you will help lead the product marketing efforts, with principal responsibility for product positioning and messaging, sales enablement, GTM launch planning, research, and sales optimization.
The ideal candidate will combine a metrics-driven performance mindset with customer-centricity and great collaboration skills. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in Marketing and Product Management, and with colleagues across the organization, including Strategy, Brand Marketing, Retail, Ecommerce, and Business Intelligence.
What you'll do:
- Together with the product team educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Voice of the customer: Be the expert on our customers, uncovering insights that lead to breakthrough messaging, accelerated service adoption & differentiated GTM tactics.
- Product positioning: Develop differentiated positioning and messaging based upon customer and competitor understanding.
- Develop initial and ongoing pricing recommendations on new products.
- Launch planning and execution: Ensure operationally efficient and zero error launches by defining a launch playbook and partnering across the organization to deliver. Define launch objectives specific to each product and work across the organization to coordinate the launch efforts.
- Own key creative decisions for product launches and support including packaging, site messaging, core imagery.
- Manage product success: Evaluate performance through unit sales as well as customer satisfaction. Identify and prioritize quality initiatives to improve product satisfaction and merchandising initiatives to improve sales.
- Help to create and implement new go-to-market processes in a scaling organization.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing and software marketing including proven success in driving messaging, positioning and sales enablement.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring life to the product. You are at the center, constantly interacting with teammates and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in writing succinct and effective briefs based on core customer insights and a tight strategy.
- Marketing expert with a holistic view of the business.
- Extremely customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans.
- Must be able to switch regularly and rapidly between strategy and execution.
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!