Contact Center Security Specialist (Starting at $20 per hour, hybrid/mostly work at home)
We are excited to share that the Customer Support Representative role starts at $20 per hour along with the option of a number of exciting benefits!
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. we will consider accommodation requests.
Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace in our new customer contact center in Richmond, Virginia.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and empathetic human support, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking skilled sales professionals who will tailor our customers' experience and drive loyalty to help us in this transformation.
Our Sales Team is growing and we're looking for motivated and ambitious self-starters who are excited to advance their careers at SimpliSafe. We are looking for charismatic and skilled sales professionals to convert inbound leads to active customers through value based selling. As a Sales Agent, you will also be responsible for building strong relationships with new and existing customers. The role requires active listening skills and a strong sense of confidence to communicate effectively to a wide demographic of people across the country.
What You’ll Do
- As a SimpliSafe Sales Agent you will assist future customers through the process of selecting the right system, products and services best suited for their lifestyle needs.
- Identify key insights to customers needs and provide recommendations to help secure their home, family, pets, etc.
- Follow SimpliSafe’s sales methodology to ensure the highest level of respect, trust, and loyalty with our future customers.
- Perform customer follow-up activities including quotes, information requests, etc.
- Properly collect and input customer information for proper customer identification.
- Make recommendations of special promotions and affiliated partner’s products and services.
What You’ll Need
- Proven success in an inbound / outbound phone-based sales environment
- Enhanced listening skills to help identify the best solution for the customer
- Comfort with technology and ability to provide technical assistance for consumer electronics
- Proven record of outstanding attendance and timeliness in a structured environment
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work at times either independently and / or in a team setting.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude and eager for continuous improvement by demonstrating a learning mindset and being open to coaching and feedback.
- Strong commitment to customer happiness and satisfaction
**Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.*
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.