Product Manager, Monitoring
We are …
a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security.
The Job …
As Product Manager - Monitoring, you will drive our customers’ monitoring experience. The alarm and monitoring experience is the core of home security, and we strive to offer the best possible experience. Work with a team of researchers, designers, engineers, and other PMs in researching, designing, and developing the next generation monitoring experience from the ground up. Interview consumers, analyze competitors, and work with our monitoring team to form and validate hypotheses on how to remake our alarm and monitoring experience. Prototype and execute on your vision with a team of engineers. To succeed, you’ll need critical thinking, initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset. Responsibilities include:
- Champion a new monitoring experience from conception to launch
- Develop a deep understanding of the consumer via interviews and surveys.
- Assess competitors and technology trends in current monitoring operations
- Research and write detailed requirements that effectively capture the vision and business case for the service
- Perform data analysis to uncover user insights using a variety of tools including SQL, Firebase, and Google Analytics
- Lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit.
- Work closely with the operations team to define the monitoring agent workflow and the overarching monitoring center setup
You’ve got ..
- Data-driven mindset that loves diving into the details
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, user experience, and jobs theory
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 3-4 years of experience, including 1-2 years in roles related to Product Management, Product Marketing, Software Development, or User Experience Design
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.