Director of Product Management, Monitoring Experiences
WE ARE …
At SimpliSafe, we put the consumer at the center of everything we do. This obsession has enabled us to quietly transform home security from an outdated, unfriendly, and expensive industry to an elegant, thoughtful, beautifully designed, and affordable experience. Though we are top ratings in the App/Play store and have been awarded editor’s choice by CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag, we do not rest on our laurels. We are continuing to find ways to combine the power of technology and our people to make homes safe and deliver a delightful consumer experience while doing it. If you are passionate about creating holistic experiences that change and save lives, SimpliSafe may be the right place for you.
THE JOB …
As Director of Product, Monitoring, you will be leading the vision for SimpliSafe’s next generation professional monitoring products and experiences. The security industry has expanded to options ranging from legacy professional install providers to DIY self-install and cameras. There are many options now for consumers. However, a home is not truly safe and secure without 24/7 professional monitoring. While rooted in our fundamentals of easy to install, affordable, and beautiful design, our strategy is to deliver superior safety outcomes and a consumer-centric experience during potential safety/alarm events. You will be responsible for bringing this strategy to life which will further accelerate SimpliSafe’s growth as we obtain consumers with higher protection needs. The products and services you create will save lives in medical, fire and crime emergencies.
- A consistent track record of delivering meaningful products/services to market.
- The ability to manage, actively coach direct reports and lead a team across functions (engineering, ID/UX, marketing, operations, external partners)
- A willingness to lead and roll up sleeves to get things done
- A degree (BA/BS equivalent), preferably in a technical field (engineering/science)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers within Product and across functions
- 10+ years of experience in product leadership roles
- An in-depth understanding of service business models
- An Interest (required) or experience in the security industry (preferred)
What’s in it for you…
- Be part of a mission-driven Company that is disrupting the home security industry
- Grow your leadership skills
- Gain highly valued experience in a recurring revenue business
- Grow your skills as a coach and mentor for the next generation of Product Leaders
- Be in a dynamic office environment located in downtown Boston with both the benefits of in-office presence and convenience of a flexible hybrid schedule.
- The accomplishment of have a real and meaningful impact on the consumers you serve (including saving lives)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.